There are 2 steps to completing an account opening at HFI.
Having the following information before completing the application is handy, but not required. If you do not have the below information, you may still complete your application and we will reach out afterwards.
- Identification – Government photo ID (need one of the following)
- Drivers licence (picture of front and back)
- Passport information page
- Healthcare card
- Provincial ID card
- Address confirmation (need one of the following if Government ID was not checked in person)
- Utility bill ( BC Hydro, Telus etc)
- Cell phone bill
- Investment statement, bank statement, or credit card statement (statements should have your full name and address on them – name needs to match the ID)
- Void cheque or direct deposit form
- SIN Number
- Spouse’s SIN Number (if applicable)
- Tax ID’s of other countries you are tax resident of
If you do not already have the above personal information or documents, you can still complete the application. Account services will reach out to you and ask for missing documents or personal information after the application is complete.
It is recommended to use incognito mode on a desktop or laptop computer.